Saturday, October 11, 2008

Wallaman Falls Waterfall

Gibbo's Garden and mosaic of Wallaman Falls, Ingham North Queensland Australia.
Merv Wacker Memorial Park
Ingham Lions Park
Ingham State High School Community Mentoring
A beautiful park project! The fabulous waterfall that backs on to the QR Ingham railway station!
The new entry to the park!
What a fabulous new garden and landscaping!
Opening Day.
The team! I hope to catch up with you all soon! hugs Sandy!




















Wow! Look at the installed mosaic at Ingham! The girls look great and so does the Wallaman Falls mosaic. I still can't believe we made the mosaic together at my mosaic studio for a workshop in 2 days and it flew home as extra luggage!












I adore the way the girls mosaiced the slate sides as I instructed them (an idea from my mosaic waterfall series at the studio) - it's fantastic! Imagine water running over this mural and tumbling to the rocks below. The whole park looks so beautiful, so Susan you and your community team are to be congratulated, I know the hard work involved in community art mosaic projects...I am so proud of you all!
Dave and I will have to travel to Ingham now to look at the park and the mosaic. The mosaic walk looks so good too! .... and the sign for the Park, "Gibbo's Garden" looks perfect on the new wall in the park.

The mosaic pavers must be so colourful. Tell the students I think they are very artistic and did an excellent job. I will never forget our weekend workshop of mosaic madness and the willingness of the three of you to throw yourself into mosaics, smashing wine bottles to make the water flow in mosaics, the mirror and the smalti...the cutting of the tiles and the excitement as we worked all night to complete the mosaic. The best thing is the friendships that are formed. Dave hurry up and get me to Ingham!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I've read a few excellent stuff here. Certainly price bookmarking for revisiting. I surprise how much attempt you place to make this kind of fantastic informative web site.

Also visit my weblog :: Linked Here

mOzaic Bug at Studio OzMosaics

mOzaic Bug at Studio OzMosaics
Beware - mosaic art is addictive! Workshops Australia